Using eye drops is an essential treatment for many ocular conditions. Eye drops can be prescribed to treat various eye disorders, including infection, eye injury, or glaucoma. It’s crucial to know how to put them in safely and accurately. Proper usage aids in the absorption of the medication into your eye. Read on to learn more.
Step-By-Step Instructions For Safely Instilling Eye Drops
Step 1: Use soap and water to wash your hands. Remember to dry them with a clean towel.
Step 2: Remove the cap and place it on a clean surface or towel.
Step 3: Sit comfortably, tilt your head back, and place your chin upward
Step 4: Look up and use two fingers to pull your lower eyelid down.
Step 5: Use the other hand to hold the bottle over your eye, with the dropper tip facing down. The tip should be close to your eye, yet avoid touching it.
Step 6: Squeeze the bottle until 2-3 single drops fall into each lower eyelid.
Step 7: Close your eyes, then use a finger to press the inside corner of the eye gently.
Step 8: Use a tissue to wipe away any excess eye drops around your eyes.
Do’s and Don’ts When Using Eye Drops
What you should do while using eye drops:
- Read the instructions of the eye care provider carefully since some eye drops have special instructions, such as shaking well before using.
- Wash your hands carefully with soap before instilling eye drops.
- Check for how long you may safely use your eye drops after opening the bottle. Usually no longer than 1 month.
- Keep all eye drops out of reach of children.
What you shouldn’t do while using eye drops:
- Don’t touch the bottle’s tip with your unclean hands.
- Don’t let the tip of the eye drop bottle touch your eye.
- Don’t use medicinal eye drops when wearing contact lenses unless your doctor allows you to.
- Don’t share eye drops with other people.
If you suffer from any eye disorder, get an exam today to find the best treatment for your eyes.
Every patient deserves top-quality eye care from us. European Eye Center focuses on providing Western-standard services and determining appropriate treatment plans to help patients restore their vision in a feel-like-home atmosphere.
We are happy to help if you have any questions about how to use eye drops or any other conditions and our primary services. Don’t hesitate to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us today to schedule an eye care service!
EUROPEAN EYE CENTER
📌 41 Nguyen Duy Hieu, Thao Dien, District 2, Thu Duc City.
📞 (+84) 28 225 33572