Your vision is our priority
European Eye Center is the premier eye clinic where patients go for comfortable eye exams, definitive diagnoses, and among the most advanced treatments available for their eye condition. Our goal is to provide top-quality personalized eye care for everyone…
What we do
We are eye surgery experts
Dr.JD Ferwerda is a Dutch ophthalmologist with a lot of experience in eye surgeries and bringing back sight to many people. He attended medical school in The Netherlands and graduated as a medical doctor in 1988. After this, he went to Leuven, Belgium, where he specialized in ophthalmology. After working for a few years as a general ophthalmologist and cataract surgeon, he took on a full fellowship in retina surgery in The Netherlands. He has treated patients for more than 28 years before coming to Vietnam. Dr. JD has been performing cataract and glaucoma surgeries, complex retina surgeries, and various other eye procedures, always with the latest techniques and equipment.
Dr. JD Ferwerda
- Dr. JD received his Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree from the University of Utrecht, in The Netherlands, and in 2000 became a Fellow in Vitreo-Retina Surgery and Diseases.
- He has treated patients for over 28 years before coming to Vietnam and has performed over 10.000 cataracts and 6000 Retina surgeries.
- Dr. JD has been performing cataract and glaucoma surgeries, complex retina surgeries, and various other eye procedures, always with the latest techniques and equipment.
Dr. My Hanh
- She is a highly skilled doctor with a Master of Ophthalmology from the best medical university in Vietnam – Medicine and Pharmacy University, Ho Chi Minh City.
- She is fluent in English, French, and Vietnamese.
- She has 22 years of experience in eye treatment and has improved the eyesight of thousands of her patients.
- Dr. My Hanh is specialized in general Ophthalmology and uveitis
We have Korean, Japanese and French interpreters to support you
Don’t worry if you don’t speak English or Vietnamese. Our Korean, Japanese, and French interpreters are available to ensure you and our team can communicate seamlessly. Understanding your eye problems is essential to us. This service is of course free of charge. In addition, Dr. JD speaks Dutch, English, Spanish, German, and French.
Korean and Japanese Translator
- Dahye is a native Korean living in Vietnam for three years.
- She can speak English, Korean, and Japanese fluently and has been essential to our eye clinic – European Eye Center.
- Contact her if you need more information or make an appointment with our doctors: 033 720 3600
Please click each image to read each patient’s story. Thank you!
This young boy was practically blind before his surgery 3 weeks ago. Although his vision hasn’t recovered 100% yet, he wants to go back to school next week! He pays me back by continuously smiling 🙂 when he checks his eyes with me!!
This young girl had a serious problem with one of her eyes. The other eye was functionally blind already. After surgery the retina is ok again and her vision is improving again! These patients are the reason why we keep on going!
Never give up! Especially in Eyecare. This gentleman had a retinal detachment and could only see hand movements with his affected eye. 2 other doctors didn’t want to do surgery anymore. I did surgery about 10 days ago and now his vision is 20/80 already. These cases really give me joy 🤩!
Special patient today at our clinic!
The gentleman on the right side of the picture is extremely happy with the improvement of his vision after surgery.
This gentleman was functionally blind since October last year. 1 eye completely lost, the other only seeing light perception. Other clinics didn’t want to do surgery anymore. Yesterday I did surgery, today his uncorrected vision was 20/150 already. Incredible result so far! This is why we do it!!
Membership & Affiliations
Need more information?
Book an appointment with our doctors
**FOR KOREAN AND JAPANESE SPEAKERS ONLY: Our translation services for Japanese and Korean are temporarily unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience.
***Please note that the phone number below is for Korean and Japanese only
Tips for your eyes
Medical tourism is traveling to another country to receive medical care. It has been around for quite some time, but it has grown exponentially... Read more